Girl's Diary | What Is Diary Writing? | What Do You Write About?
Below we will share with you what diary writing is, what a diary entry is, how to write a diary, and give you a few ideas that young girls can write about in their diary book (especially if it has a lock and key!)
What is diary or journal writing for girls?
A personalized journal for girls is a great way to keep track of daily, weekly, or monthly events. For a young girl, she can take a few minutes every day, sit quietly in her room, and share what happened at school, on the playground, or the secret boy that she likes but doesn’t want to share with her friends or parents just yet.
What is a diary besides great gifts for young girls?
Think of diaries for girls as a book. Each girl's diary entry is a chapter in your life. A great way to start the diary entry is by the day, including the date. Every day will be a new chapter in the book of your life.
Each diary entry should be a place where you can be open and honest about your thoughts and feelings for the day. Feel free to reflect, create, and dream.
Each entry can be as short or as long as you want. A writing or doodle diary book is personal - it is for you and about you.
How to write a diary:
Each entry should start with the day and date.
This will give your writings and thoughts a place to go. If this is something you always share with parents or friends, then keep it safe!
Put in a password, lock the diary book, or make sure it stays hidden from others.
Make these entries about yourself and only you (no matter how long or short they are).
You can always go back and read what you wrote about each day. Keep a journal writing notebook that is personal, small, and easy to take with you wherever you go.
It's all about your thoughts & feelings!
A great way to start the entries in your girl's diary, is by writing down your thoughts and feelings on the day. Don’t forget to include things that may have upset you, made you angry, sad, or happy!
Include some secrets too
Some thoughts and feelings you just can’t share with anyone else! You can also write about special books that you love to read, and anything else that makes you happy.
A girl's diary is a great place for her thoughts.
If you are feeling brave, funny, or excited try writing your entry in the person of someone else. This can be your best friend, favorite teacher, mother, or father.
Maybe you had a best friend fight, or maybe you learned how to do something new.
Use the diary book as a place to explore who you are and learn more about yourself each day!
Fun ideas & secrets!
A girl's diary is a great place to write all about your friends, family, and even a pet.
Maybe you want to share a funny story about your sister or brother? Maybe it’s something that makes you laugh out loud! Or maybe you have a secret crush on the boy in math class?
Journals for girls should be kept private so make sure that you keep the book hidden or behind a password.
The most important thing about writing in a journal is to make this something that you enjoy doing.
Below are things to keep in mind when writing in your diary.
Tips for girls who want to write in their diaries:
1. Never worry about writing something down that can be taken the wrong way or misunderstood.
Sometimes sharing things with your diary will make you feel better and give you a smile when you read it again!
2. If you don’t like to draw, then go ahead and write out what it is that makes you laugh or is giving you a great idea for an art project or story.
3. If you love to draw then doodle and write stories in the diary book about what is going on inside your head.
4. Let out your anger by writing how you feel about something you did not like and let yourself loose!
5. Use comics and illustrations to express your thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
6. Get creative with the diary book! Make it something you enjoy doing by writing about what interests you or to make someone special smile with a note.
- Writing down the dates is important. You want to be able to look back on the journal for girls when you are older and remember what happened on your 13th birthday, who was at your party, and what they got you for a present.
- Remember the diary is all about you and your thoughts and for your eyes only. There is no reason to not be honest.
If you took a cookie out of the cookie jar after Mom and Dad, both told you no because you didn’t eat your vegetables, then share that in your diary.
- Remember, each diary entry can be as short or as long as you want. You want to be able to come back to your diary in 10 or 15 years and say, “Oh my goodness! I remember when this happened.” Being detailed in your entry will help the memories resurface after time.
Can’t write in the diary today? No worries!
- That is why you should put the date on each entry. You don’t have to do it daily, but you must do it as often as you can. However, the more you write now, the more fun you will have to look back on it in a few years.
A few ideas to write about:
- How was breakfast? Did you have cereal or eggs and toast?
- Did you ride the bus to school or walk?
- Was it cold today?
- What do you want for Christmas?
- What do you want for your birthday?
- Is your brother or sister younger or older than you? Do you like them?
- Did you do anything fun after school today?
- Do you play any sports or instruments?
- Do you have a puppy?
- What television show did you watch today?
- Did you read a book?
- Are you going on a trip?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
There are so many ideas to write in a girl's diary, and this is just the beginning of so many. We all know that our daughters, granddaughters, sisters, and nieces are going 100 miles a minute every day.
Why not settle down for however long you want every night to write in your diary about your day, your dreams, and your goals....then let go of the day.
The Best Back Scrubber for Shower or Bath: Improve Your Skin TextureMar 2, 2022
Girl's Diary | What Is Diary Writing? | What Do You Write About?Mar 2, 2022
Horse Gifts for Girls from Trusted Brand Shines on AmazonOct 31, 2019
The Limit: Negative Effects of too much Technology on ChildrenMar 26, 2019
Prepare your Child for the Incoming Hyper-Competitive FutureMar 26, 2019
How to Rediscover your Child's Sense of WonderMar 26, 2019
Silent Dangers of Too Much Screen Time for your KidsMar 22, 2019
Here's the Top 3 Skills Every Child Must Have to Survive and Thrive in the Near FutureMar 22, 2019
How To Make A Scrapbook | Making Memories For GirlsNov 15, 2018