How To Make A Scrapbook | Making Memories For Girls
How To Make A Scrapbook | Making Memories For Girls | Page Layout And Title Ideas
What is a scrapbook? A scrapbook, like a diary, is a great place to tell a story on every page and a personal level. Do you know how to scrapbook? In the past, a scrapbook would usually hold newspaper clippings, snippets of baby hair, and even baby or wedding announcements. Scrapbooking has become way more than that. Every page tells a different story in one’s life. A scrapbook kit for girls is an excellent way to share their artwork, their “A” they got on their spelling test, or save the flower from the boy they like.
Making Memories With A Scrapbook Kit For Girls
Every girl is making memories every day, throughout their younger years and beyond. Many of those memories seem to slip our minds the older we get. By helping girls put their memories into a scrapbook will help them remember those memories for years to come.
Scrapbook Page Ideas
It is important to remember that the scrapbook should be made by you, for you, and about you. Anything a little girl decides that she wants to put in the book or box should be all about her and what she wants to share. Below are a few scrapbook page ideas:
- My Year in Review - Allow her to reflect on the year. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Goals - What goals does she have for next year? Join the swim team? Join the softball team? Maybe she wants to play football with the boys.
- My favorite time of year - Do you like the snow? Or do you prefer the sunshine of summers?
- I am thankful - What are you thankful for?
- Before and After - Did you get braces? Do a before braces picture, during braces picture, and after braces picture.
- I Can’t Live Without - We all have those 1 or 2 things we can’t live without. Take a picture and write a little something about it.
- I Learn Something New Every Day - Don’t we all?
Scrapbook Layout Ideas
There are four basic design principles that every scrapbooker should keep an eye out for when doing scrapbooking layout ideas.
- Photos should be the main focal point of your page. So place a picture somewhere on the page where you want others to focus.
- Make a visual triangle on your page. This adds balance and flow to your page.
- Be sure to use odd numbers (3 or 5 pictures, journal entry, etc. ) they seem to catch the eye more of the beholder.
- Avoid placing the photos on the edge of the page.
When coming up with scrapbook titles, there are a few key factors that you want to keep in mind.
- Keep It Short and Simple (KISS) - The title should be a quick one or two words letting the reading know what to expect on that page.
- Choose a location - It doesn’t have to always be at the top. It is your page, your book, and you get to do what you want with it.
- Keep it fun - Place your letters a little crooked. Give the page some life with your title.
- Add some bling - Make your title pop by adding a little glitter and glam.
It is always good to include some quotes in your scrapbook. We know that sometimes it can be challenging to come up with some quotes so here are some tips to help you out. Go through your old greeting or birthday cards. Some of the lines on there can be very inspirational and would make a great quote for your scrapbook. Below are a few sites that we have found that are a great place to see some great quotes for your scrapbook.
- Scrap this scrapbooking quotes
- Everyday quotes for scrapbooking
- Dr. Suess quotes for scrapbooking
When you are first getting started with scrapbooking, you will hear lots of tips and tricks from other scrapbookers. It is important that you listen to them and their thoughts, but remember that this scrapbook is all about you and what you want to share. We want to share a few tips with you to help you get started with ease.
- Search for your inspiration. What gets you motivated?
- Organize your photos. Go through your current pictures and decide what you want on each page.
- Decide on a theme. Where do you want your page to go? What do you want to share on this specific page?
- Be sure to keep your scraps! You may not use every piece on paper or fabric, but you never know when you will need it again.
- Journaling. It is important to share who is in each photo and why you decided to use the specific picture.
It is important to remember that scrapbooking is all about the eye of the beholder. This book is for you, about you, and up to you to share. We want to invite you to check out our scrapbooking kits for young girls.
The Best Back Scrubber for Shower or Bath: Improve Your Skin TextureMar 2, 2022
Girl's Diary | What Is Diary Writing? | What Do You Write About?Mar 2, 2022
Horse Gifts for Girls from Trusted Brand Shines on AmazonOct 31, 2019
The Limit: Negative Effects of too much Technology on ChildrenMar 26, 2019
Prepare your Child for the Incoming Hyper-Competitive FutureMar 26, 2019
How to Rediscover your Child's Sense of WonderMar 26, 2019
Silent Dangers of Too Much Screen Time for your KidsMar 22, 2019
Here's the Top 3 Skills Every Child Must Have to Survive and Thrive in the Near FutureMar 22, 2019
How To Make A Scrapbook | Making Memories For GirlsNov 15, 2018